Surprising Reason Why 4 Mysterious Men Visited Kiptum Before His Death

Detectives from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) in Iten, Elgeyo Marakwet County, have shed light on the circumstances surrounding his demise.

According to officials, individuals who visited Kiptum four days before his death were acting as emissaries to negotiate a sponsorship deal.

Elgeyo Marakwet County’s CCIO, Joshua Chelal, disclosed that the visitors, purportedly representing a Chinese company, were in talks to supply Kiptum with sporting attire for the upcoming Chicago Marathon, slated for April 2024. However, Kiptum had apparently declined their offer, opting for a different brand instead.

The emissaries, dismayed by Kiptum’s decision, adopted a more assertive approach, visiting him at his residence in an effort to persuade him otherwise. They maintain that the meeting was fruitful and expressed shock at being implicated in the athlete’s death.

“Our conscience is clear; we believed our intentions were beneficial to the family,” asserted one of the men during interrogation.

Contrary to speculation, the individuals denied presenting themselves as representatives from the State House. Notably, one individual refused to address questions related to Kiptum’s accident.

While three voluntarily surrendered, one was apprehended on Wednesday. Police subjected them to extensive questioning as the investigation into Kiptum’s untimely demise unfolded.

Abdullahi Dahir, Sub-county Police Commander in Keiyo South, clarified that law enforcement acted following remarks made by Kiptum’s father.

“We pursued the four men based on the allegations made by the deceased’s father. There were no prior reports or information regarding these individuals,” stated Dahir.

After thorough investigation, the men were released on bond. It has been revealed that two of them held previous positions in the Uasin Gishu County Assembly.

The case continues to garner attention as authorities work to piece together the events leading to Kelvin Kiptum’s tragic passing. With ongoing inquiries and the emergence of new details, the investigation remains fluid, with hopes of uncovering the truth behind this devastating loss.